ADANA ATATÜRK HOUSE MUSEUM
Atatürk House Museum
Atatürk House Museum is located in the Kayalıbağ Neighborhood of the Seyhan District of our city and is considered one of the best examples of Traditional Adana Houses built in the 19th century. The mansion is a two-story masonry building in a wooden masonry style. Reflecting the characteristics of Ottoman architecture, the building was registered as an immovable cultural property by the Adana Regional Directorate for the Protection of Cultural Property.
Mustafa Kemal ATAÜRK came to Adana for the first time on 31 October 1918 to take over the Lightning Arms Group Command from German General Liman Von Sandres Sandere intellectual basis of the idea of national struggle in his mind was formed during his stay in Adana. One of the places where Atatürk, who has visited Adana many times, stayed and lodged during these trips, is the Suphi Pasha Mansion.
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the Great Leader, was a guest at the mansion belonging to Suphi Pasha, one of the prominent families of Adana, when he and his wife Latife Hanım arrived in Adana on March 15, 1923.
The mansion was abandoned by the owners for a while and left empty, and then it was used by various public institutions and organizations in the following years. It was repaired by the Commander of the 6th Corps of the time, Lieutenant General Bedrettin DEMİREL, under the leadership of the Atatürk Museum Constructing and Sustaining Association, with the contributions of the people of Adana, and it was nationalized and organized as Atatürk Science and Culture Museum in August 1976.
On May 19, 1981, the 100th anniversary of Atatürk's birth, it was opened as the Atatürk House Museum as a unit affiliated to the Museum Directorate. It was damaged in the earthquake that occurred in our city on 27 June 1998 and was closed for restoration. After the restoration works were completed, it was reopened to visitors on March 15, 2003, the 80th anniversary of the arrival of the Great Leader Atatürk after the national struggle.
Atatürk's arrival in Adana is celebrated in this building with an official ceremony on March 15 of every year.