It was decided that a museum in Adana be established to exhibit archaeological richness of the region and Halil Kamil Bey known as “Alyanak” was assigned as Museum Director in 1924. The Madrasa of Cafer Ağa near the stone bridge “Taş Köprü” was decided to be utilised as a museum building. The building was destroyed due to its derelict state of preservation, and the objects in the museum were moved to the church (Rum Kilisesi). In 1937, when the Musem Director A. Rıza Yalgan added a new section for ethnographic assets of Cukurova, it took the name of “Adana Archaeology Museum” and “Etnography Museum”.Thus, Ali Rıza Yalgan established the first open air museum in Turkey. The building served as a Museum until 1950, when it was converted into a store and a new Archaeology Museum opened in 1972 and most of objects moved to the new building. After restoration in 1983, it was used as the Ethnography Museum. As the restoration works began by Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 2008, ethnographic objects were transferred to the Archeology Museum. After the restoration was completed in 2015, it was opened as Adana Kuruköprü Memorial Museum and Traditional Adana House. Çukurova region with its fertile land and suitable geography is home of several civilizations. The imperial edict of Reorganization in 1839 provided rights to non- Muslim society to establish and manage schools, houses of worship. At this period, a good number of churches were built in Anatolian towns.
Adana Rum (Greek) Church is one of the religious buildings of this period. Most of the churches in Adana and its environs, Greek Churches in İstanbul, most of the Ottoman Period churches in Anatolia were built in basilica plan with inner three naves. The church has a east-west oriented rectangular plan, with three inner nave. A sun-formed engraving (enlightenment) is on the triangular pediment of the entrance. The iron gate with two wings is divided into square and rectangular parts with central floral decorations. Between the gate and the great arch above, ogee-shaped motifs were used. The 9 lines of Greek inscription on the marble panel above the west gate states that it was built by Greek Society in the year of 1845.