Denizli Atatürk House and Ethnographic Museum
ATATÜRK AND ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM GENERAL INFORMATION
Museum; It is located in Denizli, Saraylar Mahallesi, 459 street. Although there is no definite document about the construction date of the building; It is understood from the information obtained from the public that it was made at the end of the 19th century.
The building can be defined as Chios style with its exterior structure, plan, form of windows, and ornamental features. The building, which was built on two floors, consists of a sofa in the middle and rooms opening to this sofa.
The building was used as a party building in the first years of the Republic and the Great Leader Atatürk was hosted here for one night when he came to Denizli on February 4, 1931. After 1950, it was allocated to the Ministry of Health and served as a Tuberculosis Dispensary for a while. In 1977, it was registered as a monument by the Ministry of Culture and was taken under protection.
From 1981, the 100th anniversary of Atatürk's birth, to the end of 1983, the building was repaired and exhibited, and opened to visitors as a museum on February 1, 1984.
STARBOARD: The starboard belonging to the Ottoman period was donated by Haluk Müftüler in 1984 and added to the museum collection. Embroidery and writings on the red satin fabric of the banner were made with yellow thread. On the front, there is the phrase "Long Live the Homeland" in Ottoman Turkish on the upper part and the Ottoman Empire coat of arms surrounded by a wreath in the middle. Three crescents and a star are engraved on the coat of arms, two on the bottom and one on the top. In the lower section, it is written “It is the heirloom of the draw of Regiment 67, Battalion 2, 24 in the Sheriff of Flour Market Baş Mosque in Denizli bazaar”. On the reverse side, it is written "Bismillahirrahmanirrahim La ilaheillallah Muhammedunrasulullah İnnefetahnaleke Fethan Mubine Nasrun Minallah ve Fehun Karib ve Beşşir'ilmunine ya Muhammed". There are crescents and stars in the two upper corners. The edges are wire glitter fringed. It is dated H. 1327 M. 1811. On the morning of May 15, 1919, against the occupation of İzmir by the Greeks, on the same day, the great patriotic Mufti Ahmet Hulusi Efendi, raised by Denizli, made a historic speech at the protest meeting held in Denizli Bayramye and invited the people of Denizli to struggle. This resistance under this banner is the first reaction outside of İzmir. This flag, which is the symbol of the National Struggle, is therefore of great importance.