Samsun Gazi Museum

4.9 5
Now Close

The outer walls of the two-story building, which is used as a museum building, are made of brick masonry and the internal partitions are made of timberwork. When Atatürk first came to Samsun on May 19, 1919, he stayed for 6 days in this building, known as Mıntıka Palas. The building in question was gifted to Atatürk by the people of Samsun on the Great Leader’s second visit to Samsun (September 20-24, 1924), and he also stayed in this building on his third (September 16-18, 1928) and fourth (November 22-26 1930) visits. After the restoration of the building, which was transferred to the Ministry of Culture by Samsun Municipality, it was opened to visitors on 11.08.1998 after its exhibition and arrangement. Souvenirs used by Atatürk and belonging to him are exhibited in this museum. Wax statues of Atatürk and his comrade-in-arms made by Yılmaz BÜYÜKERŞEN are worth seeing.

Restroom
Shop

Summer
08:00-17:00 Saturday 08:00-17:00 Sunday 08:00-17:00
Box Office Closed 17:00
Winter
08:00-17:00 Saturday 08:00-17:00 Sunday 08:00-17:00
Box Office Closed 17:00

Samsun Gazi Museum Kale Mah. Gazi Cad. No:62 55030 İlkadım-SAMSUN
samsunmuzesi@ktb.gov.tr
+90 (362) 435-7535
Quick Call Get Direction

There is no event in this Museum

All Events
Museum Plan Museum Brochure Rate Museum
Menu
Türkçe
Login